Introduction: Tutorial How to Use DHT11 Humidity Sensor
DHT11 Temperature & Humidity Sensor features a temperature & humidity sensor complex with a calibrated digital signal output. By using the exclusive digital-signal-acquisition technique and temperature & humidity sensing technology, it ensures high reliability and excellent long-term stability.
This sensor includes a resistive-type humidity measurement component and an NTC temperature measurement component, and connects to a highperformance 8-bit microcontroller, offering excellent quality, fast response, anti-interference ability and cost-effectiveness
Measurement Range: 20-90% RH, 0 - 50℃
Humidity Accuracy: ±5% RH
Temperature Accuracy: ± 2℃
Package: 3 pin single row
Step 1: Material Preparation
For this tutorial, the items needed to run this project are:
- Arduino Uno
- Male to male jumper
- DHT11 Humidity Sensor
Step 2: Hardware Installation
The hardware configuration is stated as below:
- +pin on the DHT11 Humidity sensor -> 5V port of Arduino UNO
- -pin on the DHT11 Humidity sensor -> Ground port of Arduino UNO
- out pin on the DHT11 Humidity sensor -> A0
Step 3: Source Code
- Download the test code and open it by using Arduino software or IDE.
- Make sure that you have choose the right board and the corresponding port. (In this tutorial, Arduino Uno is used)
- Then, upload the test code into your Arduino Uno.
Step 4: Result
After compile the code and upload to the Arduino UNO, open your serial monitor and examine the humidity and temperature of your surrounding from now on. Have Fun!