Introduction: Tutorial : How to Use RGB Colour Detector Sensor by Using Arduino Uno
This tutorial will shows you a few simple steps about how to use RGB Colour Detector Sensor by using Arduino Uno. At the end of this tutorial, you will get a number of comparison results between few colours.
TCS3200 s a complete color detector, including a TAOS TCS3200 RGB sensor chip and 4 white LEDs. The TCS3200 can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors.Applications include test strip reading, sorting by color, ambient light sensing and calibration, and color matching, to name just a few.The TCS3200 GBB Color Sensor For Arduino has an array of photo detectors, each with either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter (clear).The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors.Internal to the device is an oscillator which produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color.
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7V to 5.5V)
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- Communicates Directly to Microcontroller
- Input Voltage: 2.7 V-5 V
- Size: 34mm x 34mm
- Use bright white LED lights
- Can be connected directly with Microcontroller
- Static detection of the measured object color
- Best detection distance: 1cm
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.