The 2.8" Arduino TFT LCD Touchscreen Module (Colour Screen) is for Arduino UNO board and Mega 2560 board or boards compatible with UNO. This module can display words, colour painting, ghaphics and pictures. This module come with a large touch screen display and build in Micro SD Card socket make it user friendly and easy to use. As a bonus, this display comes with a resistive or capacitive touchscreen attached to it , so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
- Compatible with Arduino UNO and Mega2560 and can be connected directly by inserting the pin into the interface without wire.
- Compatible with all kind of 5v or 3v MCU with 5v-3.3v change-over circuit.
- 320x240 HD resolution, can be used as a touch screen.
- Adopting 8 bit parallel bus, quicker and smoother refresh than SPI.
- Offer support with Arduino libraries, simplify program development.
- With Micro-SD car circuit, easy to expand the scope of the test.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Project Planning
- For this tutorial, we just using a simple hardware where there is no need to use breadboard and any other components. No need of wiring. You just need to have:
- 2.8" UNO TFT LCD Touch Screeen Module
- USB cable type A male to B male
- Arduino UNO
- Arduino IDE installed on your pc
- Remember , our test codes uses Arduino IDE of arduino 1.6.12 windows. If you uses the older version of IDE you may get compiling errors so please use updated version.
- Download the library and paste it into Arduino library folder (normally locate at C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries).
Step 2: Pin Connection
Connect your arduino with the 2.8" UNO TFT LCD touch screen Module. Make sure that all pins are fit into its port.
Step 3: Insert Coding
- Download the test code and open it by using Arduino software or IDE.
- Make sure that you have choose the right board and the corresponding port. (In this tutorial, Arduino UNO is used)
- Then, upload the test code into your Arduino UNO.
Step 4: Result
- After uploading completely, you can start to paint on the LCD screen by your favour colour.
- To clear the screen, you can touch the "Ers" box to clear the screen.