Intro: UROBOROS -Snake Shaped Bracelet With LED for Kids-
Uroboros – A new idea for kids to experience e-textile, learning sewing machine & electric circuit with fun.
Enjoy making & playing with wonder of electricity !
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Sewing Machine
- Eyelet punch
- Disappearing ink pen
- Non-stick foot for Sewing machine (Brother SA114)
- Cutting mat
- Scotch tape
- Synthetic leather (6x23cm)
- Circuit board
- Conductive sewing thread
- Embroidery thread
- Lithium coin cell (CR1225 or CR1220)
- Double sided tape (Thick type)
1. Set embroidery thread as upper thread, and conductive thread as bobbin thread.
Circuit diagram & board design are drawn per old version & does not contain USB terminal components.
Step 2: Making Decorative Stitches on Synthetic Leather
- Select your favorite stitch shape on your sewing machine.
- Remember reinforcement stitch at the beginning.
- Remember reinforcement stitch at the end.
- Pullout threads by 10cm (4 inches) and cut by scissors. (Do not use thread trimming button on the machine)
- Trim the upper (normal) thread & leave the bobbin(conductive) thread as it is.
Noted: Be sure to use non-stick foot (SA114)for smooth fabric feed.
Step 3: Cut Out Synthetic Leather
- Secure the left conductive thread with scotch tape not to be caught with the scissors trimming leather.
- Use template to draw snake-shape outline.
- Outline just done!
- Cut out the leather with scissors to the drawn outline.
- Make a slit in the bottom in the smaller part by folding in half so that the pinch of the clip could come through.
- Make 2 holes by eyelet punch with template.
- Remove scotch tape & free conductive thread.
Step 4: Assembly
- Insert button cell to battery holder (be sure of +/- orientation).
- Attach double-sided tape onto the circuit board.
- Place snake head onto circuit board.
- Remove release paper from the tape & wind conductive thread onto the USB terminal.
- Fix the end of conductive thread between snake head & double-sided tape.
- Snake head & body is complete. (You are almost there!)
- Attach double-sided tape onto battery holder.
- Put a knob into the hole & fix the smaller part on the double-sided tape.
- Your Uroboros is completed!
- Eyes should glitter once the snake bites the stitched tail.
Step 5: Try Playing With Your Uroboros!
- Connect as many Uroboros as possible. They will still glitter!
- Uroboros could work as conductivity tester. Let’s see what object has conductivity and what doesn’t.
! Caution: NEVER INSERT Uroboros into the electrical outlet or home appliances which could cause electric shock.
Step 6: We Have Many Kids Making Their Own Ourboros!
Step 7: Program Your Own Glittering Pattern!
You could manipulate the glittering pattern by coding through USB terminal.
< COMING SOON ! >