Introduction: USS Enterprise Constitution Class
This is my very first instructable: As a student in mechanical engineering I have always been interested in the show Star Trek, so I decided to create my very own star ship. I used online blueprints to help remain accurate, though I did make a few personal modifications as to give the older ship a more sleek design.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!
1. Download .STL file of the USS Enterprise 1701 Constitution Class
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: CAD: Design and Modification
2. Open Files in necessary 3D printing program (available online or came with your 3D printer)
good Free 3D printing programs include: 123D Make from Autodesk and ReplicatorG
Step 2: Editing/Modification:
3. Edit the dimensions of the .STL file to your liking
List of useful CAD programs:
2. Autodesk inventor fusion and professional (If you are a university student you can get their software for free)
3. NX 8
4. Google sketch up
Step 3: Color:
4. Add any text/color within the properties (only if your 3D printer can print in multi-color)
You should first make these changes within your CAD program as not to waste material.
Then add the modifications of color to your 3D printing program file
Step 4: Print!
5. Once everything is complete print and wait to see your finished project.
Participated in the
3D Printing Contest