- One 5-foot 1- x 6-inch No. 2 pine board
- 2-inch nails
- Hand saw
- Band saw
- Wood glue
- Cylinder shaped piece of wood
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
- Cut out the wood planks as shown in the diagram
- Use a drill press to cut a 2" diameter hole through the front piece
- Attach the front and back to the sides using nails
- Attach the bottom part and top part to all 4 sides using nails
- Attach a cylinder shaped piece of wood to the front to create a platform for the birds to stand on
- Use wood glue to attach it to the front piece