Introduction: Ultra Easy Picket Fence Planter Box Kids Project
Aside from from my newly discovered hobby of writing instructables like this. I also love gardening and tending to my little air filtering friends. So I decided to make them a new home and share them to other people. Let me show you how easy it is to turn this dull and this ultra easy picket fence planter box. :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need:
1. 6 inch Popsicle sticks
2. Tons of Glue
3. 12 inch Ruler
4. Strong Scissors
5. 5 lovely plant (2.5"x2.5" each)
6. Scotch tape
2. Protective glasses
Step 2: Preparing the Materials:
All of the measurements that I used was based on the materials that you have and the dimension my five (5) plants. Although I wasn't expecting the size of the Popsicle but it turned out to be what I needed.So, as I say in all of my instructables, it all depends on what is available to you and your preferences.
1. Hold all of your Popsicle sticks together and try to mark the center of each stick together with a pen or pencil;
2. Cut about 20 sticks in half using the scissors. This will make your upright fences;
3. Put aside 8 sticks not cut in half. This will make your fence horizontal bracing
Two (2) Side fences:
1. You will need 3-4 half-cut sticks for one side fence and you have to make another set for the other side fence
2. 1 pc of 4 inch stick for the horizontal brace for each side fence
Front and Back Fences:
1. You will need seventeen (17) half-cut sticks for each fence
2. You will also need three (3) six inch stick for each fence for the horizontal bracing
1. You will need to make twenty two (22) pieces of 3-4 inches of sticks with the rounded end cut out
2. You will also need three (3) six inch stick for each fence for the horizontal bracing at the bottom of the floor
3. Lastly, you will need to cut four (4) 3-4 inches of sticks add and secure the 4 brackets on each end of the base and the mid portion of the flooring
Step 3: Fences... Assemble! :)
Now that we have prepared all of the materials. We are now gonna glue the pieces together and finish our Ultra Easy Planter Box.
What you need to do:
1. Gather all the materials
2. Glue the materials together as shown in the picture. (I used a ruler on this part so that I can achieve a straight form for the all of the base of the fences) Its okay if you don't have perfectly straight fences, unless you're OC or something.
3. After gluing them all together, we have to place some weights over certain sections of the sticks as some sticks tend to bend when they absorb too much glue.
4. When the glue on side, front, and back fences are all dried. We can now assemble them by using a tape to hold corners of each fence together.
5. Add some more glue on the corners of the fences and near the base of each stick so it would all stick together.
6. After you've done and glued everything together, place them in a warm place to dry out OR.... we can use a blower to speed up the process save us all the time. :)
Step 4: And..... We're Done!
Thank you for reading my instructable. I hope you learned a thing or two and I didn't waste a 10 minutes of your life. If you did enjoy this instructable please tell me on the comment section below and also vote for this entry for the planters challenge. I would really appreciate that a lot! :)
PS: I will be making a video about this on Youtube so subscribe or stay tuned! :)
Thanks for stopping by! See you on our next instructable!
Participated in the