Up at work, we are putting together a Haunted House. One of the areas were to have masks hanging against a fabric background that popped against the black light. Unfortunately, the masks looked like big black blobs.
I placed my hand against the fabric surface and was taken completely how cool it looked against the surface and that is where the hand idea came from.
I wanted an undead look to it and am very pleased.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Supplies
- green fabric in this case or any colored fabric/paper that pops in black light
- brown packing paper or any other paper that the black light does not pop
- double sided tape (regular clear tape pops a little with the black light but not too much)
- black light
Step 2: Creating Hands
- trace your hand or freehand over the paper with a marker
- draw out arm freehand
- cut out hand/arm
Step 3: Tape on Hands to Fabric
- tape fabric to window or surface. use clear packaging tape
- tape paper hands to fabric background
- use double sided if you have it. Otherwise, regular clear tape will do but it does pick up a little bit under the black light
Step 4: Turn Off the Lights and Turn on the Black Ones
Participated in the
Halloween Decor Contest