Introduction: Up Your Ramen Game
Do you live off of instant noodles? Have you gotten bored of the same soggy noodle soup? If so, then this 7 minute recipe will for sure stir up your every day menu.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
(Picture is for two servings)
- Instant ramen (I used Shin-Ramen here);
- One egg;
- A quarter of an onion;
- Black Pepper.
- Vegetable Oil;
Step 2: Cooking the Onion (2 Minutes)
First, add 1 centimeter deep of water in a sauce pan and start heating it to a boil. Meanwhile:
- Dice the onion;
- In another sauce pan, heat 3 teaspoons of oil at high heat;
- add onion for a quick sautee, deglaze with mirin to complement the sweet flavor;
- Once the onion lightly browns, remove from heat.
Step 3: Cooking the Noodle (3 Minutes)
The water should be boiling at this point. While maintaining high heat:
- Add in noodles, once one side softens, flip to the other side;
- Stir and cook until noodle softens completely;
- Add in the spice pack. Generally you'll only want to add half the normal amount here.
- Stir frequently until most of the water evaporates (~2 minutes);
- Add in onion and black pepper.
Step 4: Egg (2 Minutes)
Once you have added the onion, bring the noodle pan to low heat. At the same time:
- Place the onion pan back to high heat;
- crack in one egg when the oil is ready, let it brown nicely;
- Add one third cup of water, Cover with lid for 30 seconds;
- Open the lid to let water evaporate completely. Remove from pan once its ready.
Step 5: Finish!
Plate the noodle and place the egg on top. Enjoy!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017