Intro: Up-cycled Pocket Tissue Holder
Don't be trashy...save your potato chip bags and make something!
In this Instructable you will learn the tricks of the "trash trade" and cash in on your trash. Follow these easy steps and turn a potato chip bag into a nifty pocket tissue holder.
All you will need is:
1. Empty potato chip bag
2. Fabric scraps
3. Sewing machine
4. Scissors, ruler and marker
6. A pack of travel tissues
Step 1: Make a Pattern and Cut
1. First and foremost, cut open and wipe the potato chip bag clean.
2. While the bag is drying, measure a 6x6 inch square of newspaper and cut. Measure and cut a 7.5x 7.5 inch square of newspaper and cut. These will be your patterns.
3. Using the newspaper template, cut a 6x6 inch square of the chip bag.
4. Cut a 7.5 x7.5 inch square of fabric.
Step 2: Fold and Sew Part I
1. Place the chip square ontop of the fabric centered.
2. Fold the excess over and sew a 'hem' along opposite sides.
3. Measure the center of the square and mark with a permanent marker.
Step 3: Fold and Sew Part II
1. Tri-fold the square using the center mark as a reference.
2. With the hemmed sides overlapped, sew the open sides together.
3. Cut the corners at a diagonal, making sure not to clip the stitches.
Step 4: Turn Your Tricks
1. GENTLY, turn the pocket holder inside out.*
2. Use your finger, or a blunt object to push out the corners.
3. Fill your pocket tissue holder with a pack of travel tissues.
*WARNING: using excessive force can cause the perforations in the cellophane bag to tear!!