Introduction: Upcycle Thanksgiving Candle
I made this as a gift for my mother-in-love for Thanksgiving and she loved it! I upcycled the jelly jar, collected the leaf and acorns from outside, and used paint and ribbon I already had. All that was left was the votive candle! Happy Thanksgiving!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
Double sided tape
Step 2: Scrub Off Labels
1. Soak the jar in water overnight.
2. Scrub off the sticky labels with a sponge and elbow grease.
Step 3: Tape Leaf and Paint Jar
1. Make a few circles of tape and gently temporarily tape the leaf to the jar.
2. Paint the jar and leaf with gold paint.
3. When the paint is completely dry, remove the leaf and the tape.
4. Paint the back side of the leaf and let dry.
Step 4: Bake Acorns and Fill Jar
1. Bake the acorns in a shallow dish for 10 minutes at 200 degrees to kill any pests. (It also makes your kitchen smell nice!)
2. Remove the acorns and let them cool.
3. Fill the jar with acorns.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
1. Place a candle in the jar.
2. Tie some ribbon in a bow around the lip of the jar and add the leaf to the bow.
3. Voila! Happy Thanksgiving!