Introduction: Upcycled Pine Cone Wreath
My oldest daughter wanted her own wreath after seeing the one her little sister made. This is an easy older kid project and alot of fun. This wreath doesn't take alot of materials to make and all of it was upcycled from things we had here in the house or on the farm. The only cost was the glue sticks.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Items Needed
Lots of Pine cones
glue gun & glue sticks
small scrap of ribbon
large & small circular item for wreath template ( we used a frying pan and a kids plate)
pen or pencil
Step 2: Getting Started
This cardboard was saved from a previous wreath project. I had used it to protect my table when my youngest daughter used glue and coloured sugar to paint her pine cones for her Christmas wreath.
* Collect alot of pine cones
* Trace a large circle onto the cardboard, then trace a small circle inside of the big one. This will give you your wreath template
* Cut out large circle
* Poke a whole in the center of the smaller circle and cut out
* Heat up glue gun
Step 3: Arrange & Glue
* Arrange pine cones, making sure that your covering all of you carboard surface. You can paint the cardboard first if you'd like
* Using the glue gun, place a small amount of glue to a pine cone & stitck it down on your cardboard
* Hold down for a few seconds to make sure it sticks
* Continue around the cardboard template until it is completely covered
* Continue more rows, until you are satisfied
Since my daughter didn't want to touch the glue gun, she handed me each pine cone and I put the hot glue on
Step 4: Finishing Touches
* Flip over your wreath after you've allowed it to set for awhile
* Select Ribbon and glue or Duct Tape to the cardboard
Hang and Admire your beautiful Christmas Wreath. Making your own wreath with found or repurposed items is great for the environment, your pocket and is a fun way to spend time with your family. Isn't that what the holidays are about. Plus, I always feel great making something with my own two hands... Check out my other Repurposed/Upcycled Christmas Wreaths on Instructables
Happy Holidays Everyone
Participated in the