Upgrading Old/Blown Portable Speakers!

About: I just dig taking things apart and putting them back together, and modding anything. Repurposing things and newly getting into woodworking :)

Hey Everyone!, I had some old bluetooth portable speakers that i blew from playing them so loud all the time so they were pretty useless, I Also had a super old X-Rocker gaming chair all stripped apart in my garage, with the speakers still intact but everything else ripped apart.

Teacher Notes

Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.

Step 1: Parts/Tools

This was actually a really easy project to do, all i need was a small phillip's screwdriver and some scissors and tape, and of course some different speakers to replace the blown ones.

Step 2: Taking Apart Speaker.

I have two of these portable speakers which pair together via bluetooth. These are some rather cheap speakers i got from walmart. Here's the link to the speakers : https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/blackweb-soundstone-p...

taking apart the speaker was easy, there were 3 screws underneath and 3 screws underneath the top grill of the speaker. They were 3 Watt 4 ohms speakers

Theres a few pictures of the dusty dead speaker that were in there.

Step 3: X-Rocker Gaming Chair

The Speakers in the chair only had 4 phillip's screws holding them and the grill in place. Simple! :)

This Chair had 5 Watt 4 ohms speakers :)

Step 4: Assembly!

So it was easy to trace the wires back to the board and find out which cables connected what, the red slot was for a 700 mAh 2.59Wh battery, which im hoping to upgrade to a 18650 battery at a later date. the ribbon cable was for the volume and pause buttons on the front of the speaker. And finally the foam insulated white slot was for the speaker.

So i unplugged the speaker port and cut the wire and wired it the new speakers and gave it a test run!

As you can see the new speaker fits just perfectly inside! :)

Step 5: Mounting It All Together!

Now that I know it all works and sounds amazing! :) I fed the speaker wires through some holes already in the speaker and taped them tight! I got the board all plugged back in and reassembled on the bottom. Now all I had to do was hot glue down the new speaker and grill!. And finally added a little electrical tape to seal it off and BAM!

Step 6: All Finished and Sound Great!

WooT! They may not look perfect but they do sound great for some old stuff i had laying around in my garage!

Be the First to Share

    Recommendations

    • Made with Math Contest

      Made with Math Contest
    • Multi-Discipline Contest

      Multi-Discipline Contest
    • Robotics Contest

      Robotics Contest

    Discussions