How to create an usb power adapter for your nintendo ds out of an usb cable & your nintendo ds charger.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Analyzing
I noticed that my ndsl charger supplies almost 6v, so i decided to use a normal usb port to charge my ds, also because my pc can supply 5.1 volts that are perfect for charging it (and also because it is always turned on during the day).
1) Take apart your nds charger.
2) Look inside it & search for the power cord.
3) Using your tester(V), check & write down the position of the tiny cables inside the cord.
4) Close your charger, plug it on an outlet & write down the + & the - on the connector.
Step 2: Usb Cable
1) Cut in half your usb cable.
2) Plug it in your pc PAYING ATTENTION to not short circuit it.
3) Check + & - .
4) Desolder the nds charger cable.
5) Connect to the unplugged usb cable.
6) Solder the 2 cables together.
7) Solder the other half cable to the charger.
8) Close it & enjoy.