Introduction: Use Any Sized Bit With Your Makita / Dewalt Router (Shapeoko)
I got a desktop CNC router from Carbide 3D a shapeoko XL, with it came a few American sized router bits that won't fit the regular European Makita or Dewalt routers without an adapter. Somewhere on the internet I read about using an ER11 Colet as an adapter. This will help you to use any sized biy with your CNC.
In this instructable I'll explain how you can make your own adapter quick and easy.
Step 1: Get the Requiered Parts
Step 2: Cutting the ER11 Shaft to Length
- Place a router bit into the router
- Mark how deep it enters the router
- Measure the depth of the marked line
- Cut the ER11 shaft to size with an angle grinder
- Smooth the edges with a file
Step 3: Done
Now you can use most common bit sizes in your machine.