Introduction: Valentine's Day Cat Toys
Catnip filled toys for your cats.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Fabric or Felt
Embroidery and Sewing Needles
Catnip (Put the catnip up or your cats will get in the way of your photographs!)
1. Trace or hand draw your pattern onto card stock or thick paper. I was able to use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make my pattern template.
2. Cut out two pieces of fabric using the template as a guide.
Step 2: Embroidering
1. Use a water soluble fabric pen to mark your design on the right side of the fabric.
2. You can make conversation hearts, cat faces, mice, whatever your imagination can come up with. Embroider your design with the floss of choice. Trial, error, and embroidering tutorials will help you immensely.
3. Once you've finished the embroidery, sew the edges with the right sides together, leaving a small unclosed area where you can turn out and stuff the heart. Stuff a little filling in and then some catnip. Top that with a little more filling so the catnip doesn't fall out. Close the rest of the edge when you are through filling.
Step 3: Let the Gifting Begin
Let your cats enjoy their new toys!
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Contest