Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/vegan-coconut-ice-crea...
Vegan Coconut Ice Cream is a great "Nice Cream" alternative for those who don't like or can't have banana. It is very simple to make and tastes delicious. If you don't have coconut sugar, you can use regular sugar instead. The only difference that will happen is that your ice cream will be less brown. Enjoy alone or try it as a base for your ice cream sandwiches, banana splits, or milkshakes. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
Subscribe To My Cooking Show, It's Free: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToVegetarianBaker
- Coconut Milk | 2-15 oz Cans
- Coconut Sugar | 3/4 Cup
- Corn Starch | 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- Salt | Just a Pinch
- Separate 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and combine it with the corn starch. Blend until smooth.
- Combine the rest of the coconut milk, sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. You will see that the mixture is thickening up.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 3-4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Once completely chilled, freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker or attachment according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Participated in the
Summer Food and Drink Contest