The good weather is coming (I mean in France). And it's the perfect season to eat well, healthy and light.
That's why I would like to share my fully vegan leek quiche recipe, which I hope will accompany you during your meals, for example, during your picnics or whatever.
Bake & Enjoy !
Step 1: Ingredients & Equipments
The following quantities are for a quiche dish of 25-cm diameter.
For the pastry
- 150g wheat flour
- 75g vegetable margarine
- 8cl soymilk
- ½ tsp salt
For the quiche
- 1 leek (wash it and cut it into slices)
- 30g potato starch
- 15cl of soymilk
- 400g silky tofu
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of brewer's yeast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 x Pie plate
- 1 x Frying pan
- 1 x Kitchen Lab Measuring
- 2 x Bowl
Step 2: Make the Pastry
To make the pastry :
- Mix the wheat flour, salt and vegetable margarine into a bowl
- Rub together with your fingertips until completely mixed and crumbly
- Add soymilk
- Bring everything together with your hands until just combined
- Roll into a ball.
Use it straight away or chill for up to 2 days. The pastry can also be frozen for up to a month.
Step 3: Fill the Quiche Dish With the Pastry
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface
- Drape over the quiche dish
- Push the pastry into the corners of the quiche dish
- Remove overhang of pastry
- Heat oven to 180°C (fan)
Step 4: Soften the Sliced Leeks
In a frying pan:
- Heat the olive oil
- Add the sliced leeks
- Cook them for 10 min.
- Stir occasionally, until they soften
- Leave to cool in the
Step 5: Quiche Mixture
In a bowl:
- Gradually add the potato starch to the soymilk
- Add the silky tofu
- Beat the mixture
- Add the nutmeg, salt and brewer's yeast
Step 6: Mix the Quiche Mixture and the Sliced Leeks
In the previous bowl:
- Pour over the slided leeks
Step 7: Baking
- Spread the quiche mixture in the pastry
- Bake for 45 min. until set and golden brown
- Remove from the oven
- Leave to cool in the quiche dish
- Trim the edges of the pastry
- Remove and serve in slices
Step 8: Serving Suggestion
With a slice of leek quiche:
- Add white cabbage, carrot, curly lettuce and red pepper
- Dress with a mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Add toasted pumplin and sunflower seed
I am French, I did my best to translate into a correct english. If there are any errors, feel free to contact me by message to ask me for changes. I will be grateful.