Well this is super simple and easy Mayonnaise recipe. For making this Mayonnaise I'm referring to my own recipe https://www.instructables.com/id/Vegan-Whipped-Cream/ . This recipe uses Aquafaba, which is basically Chickpea water. You can refer above recipe to know how to make Aquafaba by your own.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Auqafaba 3 T
2) Mustard 1/2 t (ground or sauce)
3) Garlic Powder 1/2 t
4) Salt 1/2 t (if Aquafaba itself has salt then 1/4 t)
5) Lemon Juice / White Vinegar 1 T
6) Ground Pepper 1/2 t
7) Powdered Sugar 1 T
8) Olive Oil 1 C
T : Table Spoon
t : Tea Spoon
C : Cup
Step 2: Whip It
- So to start with I used a glass jar in which I was supposed to store the Mayo. So no need to transfer it once it is made. I used an electric hand blender with whip attachment. The blender I have takes in 2 whip blades, but I just used one so that I can directly make the mayo in the jar. The Auqafaba I used, was the one remaining and stored in deep freezer from my previous recipe .
- Firstly add all ingredients except olive oil in the jar, and mix it with blender for few seconds.
- Then while the blender on medium, start dripping the olive oil very slowly.
- Keep whipping for 5-10 mins. It will get thicker.
- Your done, super simple, isn't it.
- You can store it in refrigerator for around 2 weeks. In refrigerator it will get more thick, so if by whipping you are not getting the desired consistency, then keep your mayo in fridge and all will be fine.
Note: If you want to make eggless mayo, just replace auqafaba with equal amount of milk powder and little bit of water.
Participated in the
Remix Contest 2016