I know summer is over for us in North America, but this pie is wonderful anytime, not just for the summer :D
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Double Crust
- 3 c AP Flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- generous pinch of salt
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp dairy free milk
- Mix everything, divide dough into two equal portions
- Roll one flat and place it on pie plate
- Roll the other flat and make some texture using a spoon as shown on picture
Step 2: Filling and Baking
- 1 can pineapple ring in juice, drain, roughly crushed/chopped ( reserve 1/3 c x 2 of the juice from the can)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp strawberry-rhubarb jam
- Cook until thickened, take off from heat, let stand for 10 minutes
- Lay one crust on pie pan
- Pour filling then top with the textured skin (this texture helps the steam to go out of the center of the pie)
- Brush with red kidney beans aquafaba, sprinkle a little with sugar.
- Bake on bottom rack at 400 F for 30-35 minutes
- Cool on rack
Step 3: Enjoy!
Participated in the
Baking Contest 2017