Vegetable Biryani is one of the exotic rice dishes of India. Prepared with Rice, vegetables and spices, Vegetable Briyani is servrd as a main meal or as an additional dish.
Here is the step-by-step instuctions on how to prepare Vegetable Biryani.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients Used - 1
- Three cups of Raw Ponni Rice (a hybrid variety developed by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University)
- 100 grams of been seeds
- 100 grams Carrot
- 100 grams Green beans
- 100 grams Tomatoes
- 2 Onions medium sized
- 15 pieces of Garlic cloves
- 7 medium sized Green chillies
- one lemon
- Handful of Coriander and mint leaves
Step 2: Ingredients Used - 2
- Star Anise
- Bay leaves
- Nutmeg mace
- 3 Tablespoons of Garam masala
- One and a half Tablespoons of Roasted Cumin powder
- One Tablespoon of Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Cashew nuts (add as you like for added taste)
- Three Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- One and a half Tablespoon of pure ghee
Step 3: Method
- Clean Rice in water and soak for about 30 minutes
- Soak Bean seeds in water for about two hours
- Chop Carrot, Green Beans, Tomatoes, garlic gloves and Onions in to small pieces
- Slice green chillies in half and chop the coriander & mint leaves
Step 4: Cooking
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker
- When the oil is hot, add chopped onions, chopped garlic and green chillies
- Add spices like Star annise, Cardamom, cloves, Cinnamon and Nutmeg mace in whole for fragrance.
- Add soaked beans and Cashew nuts and stir fry.
- When the raw smell has gone, add all other ingredients other than rice and stir fry
- Remove water from the soaked rice, add to the above ingredients and stir fry for about three minutes
- Add six cups of water. The water quantity should be just double the quantity of Rice, that is about six cups.
- Stir the mix frequently to prevent from sticking to the bottom of cooker
- Let the mix come to a full boil. Now cover the pressure cooker with the lid and close the steam vent with pressure regulator
- Cook in medium heat till the pressure regulator releases the steam once.
- Remove from fire and allow it to cool
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy...
When the steam pressure is normal, remove the cooker lid.
Serve hot with fryums and slices of lemon...
Participated in the
Indian Cuisine Contest