Introduction: Vegetarian Pita Pockets
I used Chobani Greek yogurt to make some delicious Pita Pockets inspired by Greece. Enjoy this vegetarian delight.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 Cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
½ Cup Cucumber, peeled, grated and squeezed dry
2 Teaspoons Rice Wine
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
½ Teaspoon Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion, cut into wedges
1 Teaspoon Oregano
Romaine Lettuce, chopped
12 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
Step 2: Instructions
1. Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Then in a mixing bowl add yogurt, cucumber, rice wine, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Warm the pitas in the oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pitas and cut them in half.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
6. Carefully add the onion; sauteing until spotty brown but still crisp.
7. Add tempeh, oregano and remaining minced garlic.
8. Continue to saute until heated through, it should look similar to scrambled eggs.
Serve, and enjoy!
Step 3: Video Tutorial
Step 4: Nutrition Facts