Intro: Vegetarian Tex-Mex Tortilla Lasagna
In this instructable I will show you how you can make a Vegetarian Tex-Mex tortilla Lasagna. This lasagna does not contain any meat but has a delicious tomato sauce, beans, vegetables and cheese, lot's of cheese.
What I really like about this recipe is that you can prepare it a day early and leave it in the fridge or freezer. All you would need to do is pop it in the oven and go about your day. About 40 minutes later you have one great meal. I make the sauce separately first. I use the following ingredients and a blender to create a great tomato sauce: sieved tomato, cherry tomato, sliced roma tomato, garlic, red onion, white onion, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2 tbsp cumin, oregano, paprika powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper to taste and 1 tsp sugar
Then the filling. It is made of out of a lot of vegetables which I sauté in my skillet. I use the following ingredients:
garlic, red bell pepper, yellow pepper and red onion
Further this recipe requires kidney beans, lentils and grated cheese. A good lasagna is all about the layers. I use 3 tortillas and cut them in 4 and start with tomato sauce then the sautéd vegetables, the kidney beans, lentils and grated cheese. Repeat until you have about 4 layer and finish with the tomato sauce and cheese.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 400℉ and you are ready to serve.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to know how you can make this great vegetarian Tex-Mex tortilla lasagna? Watch the 1 minuut food inspiration video
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- Sieved tomato
- Cherry tomato
- Sliced roma tomato
- red onion
- white onion
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin,
- paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder,
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 small tin of lentils
- 75 grams of grated cheese
- 3 tortillas
Step 3: Instructions
- Dice all the ingredients for the sauce. Put them in the blender together with all the spices and blend into a tomato sauce.
- Then sauté the garlic, the bell pepper and onion in a skillet until soft and translucent. Set aside
- Cut the tortillas in four parts
- Pre heat the oven at 400℉
- Now start layering the lasagna. Start with some tomato sauce, add kidney beans and lentils and some sauteed vegetables
- Then add a layer of tortillas and add some tomato sauce. Repeat the process with the kidney beans and lentils. Add some grated cheese to this layer
- Keep on going until you are out of tortilla
- Finish with at layer of tomato sauce and grated cheese
- In the oven for 40-45 minutes
- Serve immediately
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.