Create a papercraft of yourself, your favorite star or any other person.
The whole procedure takes just 10 minutes.
Step 1: Select a Photo
All you need is a photo of a person as a JPG file. A one-megapixel photo is more than sufficient to make your papercraft look very good, but you can also create beautiful papercrafts with photos of smaller size.
You will achieve the best results if you use a photo of a person taken from the front.
Shots from the side will provide less optimal results. The person’s head should fill the photo as much as possible, so the use of a close-up is recommended.
Step 2: Create the Cut-out Sheet
Visit http://www.paperme.de/en to create the printable cut-out sheet. The use of this website is free of charge and no registration is required.
On the Web page click “new PaperMe”.
Upload your photo and align it using the rotate, zoom and move functions.
Select your favorite clothing, hair and color.
- Download your cut-out sheet as a PDF-file.
Step 3: Print Out Your Papercraft
Use the optimal paper:
• Paper works best with a weight of at least 160 gr/m². I recommend cardboard with 200 gr/m².
• If you don´t have plain paper of the required thickness, you can use photographic paper instead.
• The usage of normal paper instead of cardboard is a little bit difficult. If you are very skilled, you can still achieve good-looking results, but normally the results will be less pleasing.
Now print the downloaded PDF in color in DIN-A4 or Letter size.
Step 4: Cut Out the Parts
The optimal tools to assemble your papercraft are: Scissors, a ruler, glue, a cutter, a needle (not mandatory) and a cutting mat.
If you are using glue (highly recommended), you don´t need most of the tabs. Remove all tabs except of the two with the warning symbol.
Important: Don´t cut or bend the two tabs with the warning symbol.
Tip 1: The head looks better if you cut out the chin.
Tip 2: Do not forget to cut out the sections X and Y. They are used to connect the body later.
Slit the edges slightly with a needle or the tip of a scissors, it makes folding the edges later much easier.
Do not forget to cut out the sections N and O in order to attach the arms later.
Step 5: Glue the Parts Together
Use glue on the large tabs and the red areas.
Wait about 3 minutes until the glue starts to dry.
Now connect the straps together.
Take care that the tabs remain slightly bent so that the tabs don´t glue together too early.
Step 6: Have Fun With Your Papercraft
• Use your papercraft as a very personal gift for Valentine's Day, a wedding or a birthday.
• Put your favorite actor, rock star or celebrity on your desk.
• Let your family / girlfriend / husband always be with you in your office on your desk.
• Send a photo of yourself and your papercraft to the paperme.de gallery.
ManuE15 made it!