This bike chain necklace is the first piece in what is to be a head-to-toe steampunk outfit. The inspiration is a Victorian colar and the materials are metal and glass. The challenge for the whole outfit is to use as many out-of-the-trash supplies as possible and end up with an elegant outfit.
1. Two lengths of bicycle chain to fit around your neck.
2. Ten to twelve bicycle spokes with nuts.
3. Clear acupuncture needle tubes.
5. Fishing line or 24-gauge wire.
6. Lobster claw clasp (or similar)
1. Bicycle chain tool or hammer and awl.
3. Wire cutters.
4. Needle nose pliers.
You can check out the tutorial for the rest of the outfit here.
Step 1: Bicycle Chain Necklace - Video Tutorial
Step 2: Bicycle Chain Necklace - Photo Tutorial
Though the video tutorial covers all the steps for making this necklace, here are some photos to show the stages.