Introduction: Voice Control Your PC From Your Phone (android)
This instructable ties in with my previous instructable, 'Voice controlled PC assistant'. If you have not seen that, go there first as this 'ible builds upon the previous one: /www.instructables.com/id/Voice-controlled-PC-assistant/
This instructable will teach you how to control the assistant 'Jarvis' from your phone. Again, you need the code I have supplied in the last instructable so go there first.
You will be able to use your phone as a remote microphone, so you can control Jarvis from anywhere inside your house. You will also use your phone as a remote speaker so you can hear Jarvis from anywhere inside the house. This means that you can speak to Jarvis as if it was on your phone, but also have a certain degree of control over your PC, for example, you can play/pause music coming out of your PC by saying 'play' or 'pause'.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Downloading Apps
There are two apps you need and they are both free:
WO mic: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wo.voice&hl=en_GB
Download and install them on your phone
Step 2: Installing Software
1. Go to this link: http://georgielabs.net/
2. Press the icon of your OS, for example I use windows 7 so I pressed the Windows icon
3. Extract and open the downloaded zip and run the application inside to install the software
WO mic is a little more difficult:
1. Go to this link: www.wirelessorange.com/womic/install.html
2. Click on the 'Client setup program' to download that file
3. Install that file
4. Download the 'driver set up program'. Make sure to click the one that matches your 32/64 bit OS
5. (These steps are included in the website but I will reiterate here:)
Create desktop shortcut to Cmd.exe
Right-click the Cmd.exe shortcut, and select Run as administrator
Run this command in the cmd window: Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
Restart your computer and you should see that it shows something like "Test Mode" on the right bottom corner of your computer screen.
6. Run/install the 'client setup program'
Step 3: Linking the Apps and the Software
1. Ok first, open soundwire on your PC , and note the server address: It should look something like this - 192.168.x.x (where x is a number)
2. Open Soundwire on you phone and click on the white box. Type your IP address
3. Press the square icon to connect
Try playing some music on your PC. You should hear it coming out of your phone.
For WO mic:
1. Open WO mic on your phone and press 'settings'
2. Click 'Transport', then click 'wifi'
3. Go back to the main menu and note your IP address
4. Open the WO mic software on your PC and press connection>connect>wifi, and type in your IP address
Step 4: Final Steps
Finally, right click on the sound icon in your system tray and click 'recording devices'. Then right-click on the microphone that says 'WO Mic', and set it as the default device.
Restart GlovePIE and you are good to go!!
You should be able to go into a different room, talk to Jarvis in your phone, and here it talk back to you, A list of commands is in the instructable I mentioned in step 1.