Introduction: Volvo Projector Lens Cleaning (V50 S40 C30 C70)
How to disassemble and clean headlights projector lens in Volvo V50, S40, C30 & C70 vehicles. Volvo projector lens cleaning will give you better light quality and increased beam range in your car.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Tools & Preparation
- T-25 Torx screwdriver
- Glass cleaning cloth
- Safety gloves
- Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
- Do not use any cleaning chemicals as they will most likely damage lens mirror and make the headlight work even worst!
- Projector body is made from aluminum and most likely have rough edges that can cut your skin.
- Do this at your own risk!We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Before you start make sure that your headlights are cold.
Step 2: Volvo Projector Lens Cleaning
- Open the hood, locate and remove headlight safety pin.
- Remove the headlight. Remember to disconnect headlight connector.
- Open the headlight, disconnect and remove the headlight.
- Locate 3 Torx screws that hold the projector in place. Use T-25 screwdriver to unscrew them.
- Gently remove the projector from the headlight. Make sure to not pull any wires.
- Start your Volvo projector lens cleaning with glass cleaning cloth to remove the dust from the projector. Clean the magnifying glass from both sides, then clean the mirror surface of the projector. Don’t press too hard on the surface as the surface is very fragile.
- Install the projector back in the headlight. Make sure that there’s no dust on it and inside the headlight.
- Close the headlight
- Install the headlight back in your car.