Intro: Votive Candle Cozies
- Glass jars (I used two sizes: one was 4 in. tall and ca. 3 in. wide; the other was 5 in. tall and ca. 3.5 in. wide)
- Yarn for cozy (Lightweight fingering yarn (3) works well)
- Accent yarn (can be any weight)
- Double pointed needles (US size 4, 3.5 mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Acrylic paint
- Painter's tape (optional)
- Votive candles
Step 1: Knit Cozy
Step 2: Paint the Jar
Paint the jar. I used clear glitter paints to cover the whole jar. Then, I marked off a stripe using painter's tape and painted a colorful accent stripe on each jar. Once the layers of color dried, I covered them with the same glitter as the rest of the jar. Paint is a great way to get creative with the candle holder, just don't too anything that covers too much of the glass.
Step 3: Put Cozy on Jar
Put the cozy on the jar, being sure to pull it tight and evenly over the jar. Using the tapestry needle, run the accent yarn through the eyelets at the top of the cozy. Tie the accent yarn in a bow (or adorn as desired).
Step 4: Insert Candle
Insert candle and enjoy!