Shock your quests with these W.T.F. cookies!
I call these W.T.F. cookies because they are:
A. Walnut, Toffee, Fudge cookies
B. They have a mystery ingredient ???
Your friends and family will be amazed to find that these deceptively delicious cookies have BLACK BEANS in them. WHAT???? yes, beans. You'll never suspect it when you eat them.
NOTE: A great way to cut fat and increase protein in cookies is to replace up to 1/2 the butter with pureed beans. If the thought of beans in cookies grosses you out just replace it with butter, but don't blame me for any extra lbs gained.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup black beans, pureed
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coco powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups Toffee chips
1 1/2 cups Walnuts
food processor or blender
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
Here's what you'll do:
1. Preheat oven to 375*
2. Drain & rinse your black beans, then puree them well in a food processor or blender. They should be a thick buttery consistency. Measure out 1/2 cup of the puree.
3. Beat together butter, beans, sugars, vanilla and salt.
4. Add the eggs and beat well.
5. Mix together flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
6. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture until well blended.
7. Fold in your toffee, and walnuts.
8. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet (I like to lightly spray just to be on the safe side)
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Then let them sit on the pan for about 3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
10. Eat them. YUMMY!
Step 3: YUMS THE WORD...
You can either choose to tell people "the secret ingredient" as a conversational piece, or keep it hush hush. If you have a few junk food aholics in the house you may want to keep your lips tight. Which ever you decide these cookies are delicious, and you'll begin salivating the next time you hear the term W.T.F!!!