Introduction: Wall Mounted Keychain Holder
I have this bad habbit of forgetting where I left my keys... and end up making a mess trying to find them. My wife would tell me that i would find my keys right exactly where i kept them..... Or right in front of me...
I am always looking for ideas to decorate my home or help me to put my keys at the right place so that i can find them again next time
Or may be not
I this instructable, i will share how to make a simple keychain holder or stand
Jigsaw is the heart of the project, without one, you could use a scroll saw... using any other hand saw or power saw will lead to an injury... Please do not hurt or injure yourself or others while replicating
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What Do We Need ??
- 10mm wooden flooring plank
- 4 steel hooks
- 2 key hole hangers
- Brown acrylic paint
- green permanent marker
- 4 screws
- Screw driver
- 6mm drill
- 2 mm drill
Step 2: Shape of Key
- One can refer a key as inspiration and draw design on a wooden plank
- I kept it simple design with key with wave pattern
- Before you cut the whole key shape, cut the key groves
- Since the groves are small, I cut small triangles and remove as much wood as possible to thw shape i want
- Using 80grit sandpaper, give the final shape
- Drill a hole of 38mm diameter as shown
Step 3: Add Keyhole Hangers
- We need to add keyhole hangers on the back side of the stand
- Trace the keyhole and using a 6mm drill, drill holes as shown
- Clean excess wood, so that the nail head can slide, easily
- I did not have shorter screws, so I cut them using a Hacksaw
Step 4: The Final Hook
- On the front side, fix, 4 hooks separated at 38mm
- Add favorite text using permanent marker
- Cost the sides using brown acrylic paint to match wood color
-Hang it and start using it
Thanks for reading.
If you have any comments or tips please share