They will extremely chewy.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
Step 2: Steps
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and butter until blended.
3. Beat in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in oats, flour and baking soda. Stir in raisins and chopped walnuts.
5. Drop tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Once cookies are cooled, store in an airtight container.
* I kepted them in Tupperware and it lasted a week. Stayed very yummy and chewy.