I have worked on a small project of Solar & successfully executed it. (Will post in detail later).
But now, I need your help to make my new project.
I have an emergency lamp. Which is having:-
1. a 6v 4.5ah sealed lead acid battery.
2. An electronic charger (in built) instead of a conventional 6-0-6 or 9-0-9 transformer.
3. An electronic ballast with auto power on when the current goes off.
4. 18 watt T8 fluorescent tube.
First of all, please suggest me for following:
1. Replacement of 18 watt T8 fluorescent tube with SMD LED.
1.1 What should be the number of SMD (Ex.5724 SMD LED, Bright white)
1.2 How should be they connected in order to make it a 9 to 10 watt system (max). instead of 18w.
1.3 Please let me know any register is required.
1.4 I don't want to use any IC in this. It should be very simple.
2. I will be using 6V 4.5 AH SLA battery.
3. I want to eliminate the electronic circuit & want to charge the battery through solar.
4. What voltage & current I should note while buying the solar panel.
5. Number of blocking diode to be used.
Attaching sample pictures of SMD board I am using in my previous project. But that is 12v system.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.