Introduction: Watch Me Spin
It's a homopolar motor!!! I know what you are think, what's that? To put it simply, it is a battery on top or a magnet. Then having any copper wire design you like around it, touching the positive side of the battery and the magnets. We made ours to represent the love for the great outdoors.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Things You Need
Step 2: Step 2: Building Time
- Measure at least 2 battery lengths of copper
- Put the AA battery on the magnets
Step 3: Step 3: Make Your Shape
- Bend the wire in half
- Make the heart shape on top
- Twist ends of the copper wire together
- Mold the bottom of heart around magnets
Step 4: Step 4: Watch It Spin
- Put the twisted end of heart on top of positive side battery
- Make sure the bottom part touches the magnet
- WATCH IT SPIN
Step 5: Step 5: Get Creative
- Build the Background the way you want it
Step 6: Have Fun!!!
- Build anything that comes to your mind
Participated in the
First Time Author Contest 2016