Intro: Water Less Planter
This is an instructable to water less your planter.
Step 1: Items
Items for Subterranean Water Reservoir
- 1 planter pot
- 1/2 cup of Water Gel / Beads
- 1 ice cream cap (trash that is usually get thrown away or sent to recycle center)
Step 2: The Cap and the Beads
- Firstly, I put the cap upside down inside the pot
- Then, I transfer the beads and put it on the cap.
- Lastly, I fill the planter with dirt and plant my favorite plant.
- Now, I can enjoy the summer without worrying to babysit (plantsit?) my plants.
Because the beads retain the water and the cap hold any excess water, it will be sometime before the plant needs watering.
Please don't forget to vote for me.
Runner Up in the
Low Water Gardening Challenge 2016