Introduction: Waterfall Console Disassembly Volvo C30, S40, V50, C70
Removing the waterfall center console in Volvo C30, S40 2nd gen., V50 and C70 2nd gen. isn't that hard.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Remove the Console
- Pry the black plastic CD drive & display cover. It’s attached by two latches on the sides.
- Open glovebox and pry plastic dashboard cover behind the center console.
- Grab from behind ICM (Infotainment Control Module) and push it out. Don’t pull to hard, because you need to unplug two connectors before removing it completely.
- Remove plastic panel next to the hand brake. Pry it from side.
- Pry gear lever leather cover.
- Push down the gear knob and turn it counterclockwise to remove it.
- Remove two screws next to the empty place from ICM.
- Remove two screws next to the hand brake.
- Gently slide out the center console and remove it from the car.
Step 2: Disassemble the Console
- Remove 8 screws that hold together the center console. 4 are located next to green ambient light LEDs, another 4 next to gear lever hole.
- Remove 4 screws that hold CCM (Climate Control Module).