Removing the waterfall center console in Volvo C30, S40 2nd gen., V50 and C70 2nd gen. isn't that hard.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Remove the Console
- Pry the black plastic CD drive & display cover. It’s attached by two latches on the sides.
- Open glovebox and pry plastic dashboard cover behind the center console.
- Grab from behind ICM (Infotainment Control Module) and push it out. Don’t pull to hard, because you need to unplug two connectors before removing it completely.
- Remove plastic panel next to the hand brake. Pry it from side.
- Pry gear lever leather cover.
- Push down the gear knob and turn it counterclockwise to remove it.
- Remove two screws next to the empty place from ICM.
- Remove two screws next to the hand brake.
- Gently slide out the center console and remove it from the car.
Step 2: Disassemble the Console
- Remove 8 screws that hold together the center console. 4 are located next to green ambient light LEDs, another 4 next to gear lever hole.
- Remove 4 screws that hold CCM (Climate Control Module).