WIZnet Serial to Ethernet (S2E) Module provides Serial AT command and configuration tool to monitor and control current mode of the device such as device setting, current running mode and connection status.
To improve the existing module's control feature, I have proposed 'Webmanger'.
With the Webmanager, a user can easily perform monitoring and controling task of an individual (S2E) module where the controlling and monitoring result can be deployed to setup initial values and debug errors.
This is a brief summary of webmanger in prototyping stage and still on a development process. This project is based on HTTP Server library in WIZnet.
Step 1: S2E Concept
Serial to Ethernet (S2E) module is the protocol converter that transmits the data sent by serial equipment as TCP/IP data type, and converts back the TCP/IP data received through the network into serial data to transmit back to a serial equipment.
Currently, WIZnet provides the following two method for setting up the S2E products.
- Serial AT commands
- Configuration tool program (figure above)
Step 2: Parts
I was made a development environments for the demonstration. This evaluation board is much similar hardware as the WIZnet WIZ550web products, it will be to change for purpose.
Typical specifications for the product are as follows.
- STMicroelectronics, STM32F103RCT6
- Cortex-M3 up to 72Mhz, 256kB code flash memory, 48kB SRAM
- WIZnet W5500
- Hardwired TCP/IP chip, High Performance SPI Interface
Step 3: Used Libraries
WIZnet HTTP Server Library. Please refer to the next link.
Step 4: Implemented Web Manager Prototypes
Considered elements to make a Web Manager are as follows.
- AJAX / Responsive Web
- Corresponding to the mobile environment
- S2E Device Status Control / Monitor
- Real-time Data Transaction Monitoring Chart
- Configurable I/O Settings
- Useful Links (FAQ / Wiki / Forum ... and Etc.)
Step 5: Plans
- Real-time Data Transaction Monitoring Chart Page
Monitoring result can be deployed to setup initial
values and debug errors
- Configurable I/O Settings Page