How to carry a bottle of water, and use a wheelchair, is a bit hard to do.
The water bottle bag attaches to the arm of the chair, leaving the driver a place to keep precious water.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 2: WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. 2 placemats of your choosing. (bought my at the local thrift store)
4. Marking pen. (I use a bar of soap)
5. 10 " of Velcro
6. 2 1/2 feet Web belting
8. Sewing Machine
9. About 2 hours
Step 3: Measuring and Cutting
1. Measure each placemat 12x12 inches
2. Cut to size
Step 4: FOLD THE TOP
1. Make a 1" hem on the top of each square
2. Pin and sew hems on both peices
Step 5: EDGES
1. Sew sides and bottom together, on the wrong side of material, matching edges.
2. Leave the top open
3. Turn right side out
Step 6: WEB BELTING
1. Cut web belting in half
2. Sew one end onto top Left edge
3. Do the same on the top Right inner edge.
Step 7: VELCRO
1. Sew about 1 1/2 inch of the rough part of Velcro to the other edge.
2. Sew about 2 inches of the soft part of the Velcro to the loose end of the webbing.
HINT - TO KEEP WEBBING EDGE FROM FRAYING, HOLD IT OVER A MATCH, THIS WILL MELT THE EDGE.
CAUTION,,,, MAY BE HOT FOR A SECOND.
Step 8: FINISH
1. Sew a seam up the middle of the bag, making 2 pockets, Your bottle will fit in both pockets, for 2 bottles.
2. Wrap the straps around the arm of the chair, connect the Velcro, and ROLL ON>>>>
Participated in the
Homemade Gifts Contest 2016