Intro: When Your Dog Has Trouble Pooping Make These Treats!
My tiny chihuahua Yvaine has liver problems. So she needed something to have with lots of fibre.
That wouldn't upset her tummy or anything.
Also veterinary laxatives are fairly expensive.
So my vet told me about giving my dog straight up pumpkin puree'.
I thought to myself... my dog is a 5 lb chihuahua and the cans of pumpkin puree' are huge and she doesn't need a lot a day, just 2 or 3 teaspoons. How can I make sure those don't go bad...
I hate wasting food.
So I developed a method (probably not the first one to think of this) but oh well.. To freeze the pumpkin.
And it worked! At first I tried it with parchment paper and I froze it that way. But it stuck to the paper! NOT FUN!
So here is my method!
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients and Items.
1. Can of pure pumpkin puree'
I had a big can cuz it was on sale...
2. Can opener
4. Ice cube trays
Step 2: Spoon!!!!
1. Open the can of course teehee.. (I'm a master of the obvious)
2. Spoon the pumpkin into the ice cube trays.
You can fill them all the way up like I did and cut them later if they are too big.. They cut decently when frozen.. not really unless you use a serrated knife.
Sooo.. if you have a small dog just fill them half up if you don't wish to spend the time cutting them in half
Step 3: Freeze!
Stick them in the freezer and wait until they are frozen all the way through.
Step 4: Remove Them From Trays
1. Remove them from the ice cube trays and either cut them in half or leave them whole!
2. Put them in a resealable freezer bag and make sure you get all the air out each time you close it!
3. Feed one to your pup. They like it! It keeps them regular! And keeps their colons as squeaky clean as dogly possible!
I apologize for my crappy pictures. things are a little wonky with the focus on my phone.