This ornament depicts the White House enveloped in the snowflakes of winter. I took inspiration from the typical circular design of ornaments. I then added my own design of the White House as well as snowflakes for decoration!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Software
Step 2: Design the Main Shape
- Start with a large sphere
- Add two cylinders and rotate one 90 degrees
- Align them in the middle and make them holes
- Build a base to fill in the bottom of the shape
Step 3: Design the White House
- Start with a rectangle
- Design smaller rectangles for the windows
- Copy and paste them and make them holes
- Design small cylinders for the front of the White House
- Build a roof for the front and raise it up on top of the cylinders
- Add a cylinder for the back of the White House
- Using rectangles cut out holes in the cylinder
- Attach it in the back of the White House
Step 4: Design the Snowflakes
- Add one rectangle
- Copy the rectangle twice and rotate them in opposite directions
- Copy half of that shape and make it smaller
- Align it to the center of the end of one of the larger rectangles
- Repeat for all sides
Step 5: Combine
- Combine and align all components
Step 6: Voila!
Participated in the
3D Printed Ornament Design Challenge