Make homemade whole milk fresh ricotta cheese in 5 minutes! This cheese is soft, moist and crumbly. It excellent to bake pastries and cheesecake with, and a delicious topping for French Toast.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Heat the Milk
- Squeeze the juice of 3 lemons (That’s 120 ml of lemon juice). You can substitute the juice with 17 grams (2 teaspoonfuls) of citric acid.
- Combine 3 liters of milk and the lemon juice in a large pot. It is optional to add ½ teaspoon of salt. Stirring occasionally, heat the milk over medium heat until it separates to curd and whey.
- Turn off the heat and set the pot aside for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Drain...
- After 10 minutes, Pour the curd and whey into a colander lined with cheesecloth.
- Tie up the cheesecloth and gently press it with your hands. Let the ricotta cheese drain in the colander for an hour.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate. Serve with French Toast! Find more recipes on Video Culinary