Whole Wheat Flour and Natural Gum Cookies are extremely nutritious for everybody especially kids. This dish is great during winters as it helps build resistance towards cold and gives a lot of strength too. It is traditionally made with Clarified butter.
Whole wheat, natural gum and clarified butter is a power pack combination, hence simply great for kids. I make this for my toddler always (ofcourse please check for allergies before giving your kids). Please try it and hope you like it. Enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Preparation Steps
- Clarified Butter - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 12 medium size
- Natural Gum - 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1.25 cups
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Powder cardamom as finely as possible using a mortar and pestle.
- Dry roast the natural gum. It pops up to double its size and can be easily crushed to a course powder.
- Use a rolling pin and crush the natural gum to a finer texture and keep aside.
- In a pan, warm up the clarified butter and roast the whole wheat flour till there is a nice aroma and its kind of brown in color.
- Mix the crushed natural gum and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off heat and when its not too hot, add the sugar and mix well.
- Make small balls and add more clarified butter if you are unable to make balls.
- Use some sprinkles as decoration.
- I make this for my toddler so I use colored sprinkles to attract her to eat them. She loves these cookies.
- The cookies are ready. Store in air tight containers and enjoy.
Participated in the