Introduction: Wi-Fi Antenna With Their Own Hands "Bi-Quad"
There was an open Wi-Fi point in my environment, but the signal was so weak that I did not get to the place where I needed it. I thought ... How can I increase the Wi-Fi signal? After surfing the Internet, I saw the popular "Wi-Fi antenna Biquad". Okay, I'll do it. So what is next? Why should I connect it if there is no Wi-Fi module on my PC? I went to Aliexpress and found the most bespontovy and budget usb module RTL8188CUS for 4 bucks. He came somewhere in 17 days. Packed well.
Step 1: Submodule
I expected that he would be bigger in size, and he is a miniature. To solder on a straight line to it a harness and wires will be not beautiful and not convenient with installation. I decided to make a small "submodule" for him. By the way, the module is powered by 3.3 volts !!! And on the usb port we have 5 volts! I still needed a 3.3V voltage regulator to not burn the chip.
On shilde installed stabilizer, LED for indication and a couple more capacitors.
Step 2: Where to Buy Parts?
A copper wire with a diameter of 2.5 mm is searched in the local market or at home it may lie somewhere. We need a very good wire. The longer the wire, the more its resistance and for this the module in pc can not be determined. So choose the length depending on the quality and cross-section. At me it has turned out approximately 3.5 meters, longer it was not defined any more. Unfortunately, the marking of my cable is unknown. With the body is very intimate, so the search for housing for your device is a matter of everyday life :) All the other components for purchase, see the table.
Step 3: The Scheme
For the assembly, I used this scheme.
I did not make a wall on the reflector. It is recommended to open the antenna with lacquer or paint, so that copper does not oxidize.
Bend the wire I did not perfect, but I tried. I think the experience will come with an ideal. Somewhere on the Internet I still saw it bend using a template, but I did not resort to such difficulties using ordinary round-nosed pliers. The hull was made from lunch box. Bracket from corners and studs. My antenna will be on the street, so tightness was achieved by gluing with hot glue joints and holes.
After the first connection, the point was defined and connected. The signal has become much more powerful and stable. I also tried to distribute Wi-Fi and connect a smartphone, the signal caught even for 150 meters. Tests hold no sense. In the future I plan to make a couple of antennas in particular "a panel antenna for Wi-Fi" and then already test which one will be better.