How to make a wire hook for an umbrella that does not have one.
2. Thick wire - I used 8-AWG stranded, but solid wire is good as well
3. Wire cutter
4. Duct tape
5. Cable ties
Step 1: Cut Wire and Duct Tape to Umbrella
1. Using the wire cutters, cut a piece about 6 inches long.
2. Duct tape the wire to the end of the umbrella.
3. Bend it around the end of the umbrella to form a hook.
Step 2: Secure Wire Hook With Cable Ties
1. Take about 6 or 7 cable ties and secure the wire hook to the umbrella. Be sure to avoid the release button.
2. Using the wire cutter, remove the end of the cable ties.
3. Since the ends of the cut cable ties will be sharp, cover them up with a few pieces of duct tape.
Step 3: Hook in Action
1. 2 pictures of the hook in action.