Intro: Wire Tamer (Wire Organizer)
Hi everyone this is my first instructable, so constructive critiques are pretty much welcome XD.
So onto business, while I was setting up my speakers in my new cubicle I found myself with a mess of loose wires so I thought of a way to "tame" them.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
Here's what you will need:
A paper puncher
Pair of Scissors
Step 2: Cut and Trim
1. Cut-off a length of the binder long enough for the wire to be wound on.
2. Then trim-off the other rings which leaving only the rings on the opposite sides. (second picture)
Step 3: Punch It!
3. Punch holes on both ends of the binder,
4. then cut them on the ends. This will make passing the wire easier.
Step 4: Wind It!
5. Pass the wire through one end and wind it along the "body".
6. When you reach the end fix the wire by passing it under the last winding (see second pic).
7. Then pass it through the hole on the other end
Step 5: Done!
Step 6: Bonus (additional)
You can use these to bind wires instead of winding them especially thick ones like the power cord.
1. Cut an entire ring from the ring binder
2. Make a cut on the wide end with a sharp knife/cutter be very careful not to cut yourself. (I know I'm touching the sharp edge of the knife here XD)
Step 8: Locking It Up...
3. Pass the "tongue" through the cut you made earlier to check if it is a snug fit (as it should be).
4. Use it to bind/bunch the wires together.
Step 9: Thank You...
That ends my first instructable.
Thank you for reading...