Simple wood box made from scraps of 1x2, 1x4 and 1x6 pieces of pine wood and a laundry bag.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Basic Structure
1. Used 2 pieces of 1x2 to form the base.
2. Screw pieces of 1x4 and 1x6 into the 1x2 base pieces.
3. 1.25 inch Torx screws were used.
Step 2: Walls of Box
1. Use pieces of 1x2s and 1x1s to build up the walls of the box.
2. Once again, I used 1.25 inch Torx screws to secure them together.
Step 3: Attach Cloth to Inside of Box
1. Since this box was going to be used to collect cash money and envelopes in a parish, it needed cloth to be attached to the inside of the box so that the cash, coins and envelopes did not fall out.
2. A laundry bag was doubled over and placed inside the box.
3. Then, 1/2 inch nails were used to secure it to the top and outside of the box.
4. A orange paint pen was used to sign it at the bootm.