- Wood (I have use yellow pine).
- Sandpaper (to make the surface smooth).
- Black Pencil.
- Metal Ruler
- Soldering Iron.
- Boiled Linseed Oil.
Step 1: Draw Template on Wood
- Make the surface smooth by sanding the wood.
- Put metal ruler on wood and mark line with black pencil from both sides of ruler.
- Draw nodes of bamboo.
- Do some shades with black pencil.
Step 2: Start Burning
- Turn on the soldering iron and wait for getting it hot.
- Trace the lines exactly same as we did before with pencil but this time use soldering iron. Try to make the tip diagonal (not pointy) so it burn wider.
- Burn the nodes area. keep moving your hand in circular motion just to burn every area evenly.
Step 3: Wood Finish
- I have choose linseed oil to finish the wood.
- Put linseed oil on wood and spread it all over. Do this several time because wood is thirsty and absorb oil very quickly. When wood absorb much oil, leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wipe off all excessive oil from the surface and let it dry for 2 days or according to oil manufacturer instructions.
- Do the step 2 and 3 again (written above).