Intro: Wood Design Lamp
A simple but awesome wood light.
This is a perfect style. Simple but original. You can cut the wood and mount this lamp in few steps.
Step 1: Materials
For this project you need these materials:
- Wooden splint
- An plastic placemat (choose color or fancy to your personal taste)
- 4 Angles iron
- 12 washers
- Some screws
- Some close bolts
- 1 Lamp holder
- 1 Lamp
- 2 mt bipolar cable
- 1 on/off switch
- 1 Male electric socket
The dimension of wooden splint are variable, but I recommend this dimension:
Width 40 mm or 1,575 inch
Thickness 10 mm or 0.294 inch
For thelength just follow your own taste. Keep in mind that the feet of the lamp should measure 2/3 of the body.
Step 2: Cut the Wood
Cut the wood to the extent that you prefer keeping in mind that the feet of the lamp should measure 2/3 of the body. Cut the final pieces of wood as shown in photo. Measure the diameter of your screws, and drill the points indicated in the picture.
Step 3: Assemble the Structure
- Unite the body of the lamp with the two pieces of wood of larger size using the angle iron.
- Then join the wooden structure previously built the plastic placemat.
- Afterwards add feet to the structure.
Step 4: Assembly the Electronics
- Separately assemble the lamp holder with the core connection cable, the switch and the electrical outlet.
- Combine the electrical apparatus to tightening the lamp holder to the main structure built.
- Add the lamp.
It brings a lot of attention to the assembly of the electrical part. A bad assembly can cause death by electric shock or total destruction of your electrical equipment.
If you do not feel safe in the construction of the electrical part, you can find on the market kit holder with switch pre-assembled.
Step 5: Final Result
The final result is this.
A simple and original wood lamp. You can use this lamp on the table, or on the floor. I have build the lamp in photo for use it on the floor. You can use a different color of lamp or different color or fantasy of plastic placemat.
masteruan made it!