Intro: Wood Truck Box
Listed below are bullet point steps for
crafting this truck box. Note that while this is a beginner level project, and one can easily learn basic woodworking making this build, it is written assuming you already know at least basics of the craft. I recommend researching the basics of tools, measuring and cutting, etc. before continuing on to the build. (note: sorry for the seeming random mathematics on the print/cut list pictured. I used this for a math course in college)
- Generate cut list. I have included mine (though I modified the choice of 2x lumber). Feel free to modify your details, though adjust your numbers accordingly
- Purchase appropriate materials. This includes lumber, hardware, any accessories. I used 2x3's, 1/4” plywood, and various screws. Any appropriate hinges and latch system you prefer will work fine
- Gather all materials, tools, and plans, and lay out work in adequate work space. I used my spouse's truck bed, you may be in a shop or a work yard.
- Measure and mark and preferably label all cuts. Proceed to cut individual parts. Measure twice, cut once!!
- Assemble the frame. I assembled the bottom and top frames first, then joined them with the sides.
- Apply the sheeting. Try to get an even and solid spacing.
- Mount the lid via the hinges, and attach the latch system.
- Well done! You've built it! I recommend sealing along the interior frame with spray on rubber, and possibly painting to further weatherproof it.