Introduction: Wooden Crate Light
Our Wooden Crate Light project provides super quick and easy mood lighting. Mounts on a french cleat and is modular for vertical or horizontal repetition.
Two cuts, two screws, and a few brad nails is all it takes.
Step 1: Parts / Tools / Hardware Needed
Parts: a standard light kit, a French Cleat kit, and a square crate (available at Home Depot).
Tools: you will need a brad nailer, screw driver, and saw. We recommend Ryobi’s cordless one+ nail gun, drill, and meiter saw.
Hardware: 2 1/2" nails, 1 1/2" wood screws
Step 2: Putting the Crate Together
1) Drill hole into the corner of solid side of the crate
2) Cut 2, 8 3/4 sections of the French Cleat
3) Mount Bulb Socket in the hole with socket facing the inside of the crate
4) Install light bulb
Step 3: Mounting Your Crate Light
5) Insert cleat into crate as shown and nail from the back.
6) Screw 2nd french cleat section to a wall or vertical surface as shown
7) Lift crate over and place it onto mounted cleat
Step 4: Let There Be Light..
Enjoy Your Creation!
Participated in the
Lamps and Lighting