Sleeping and resting are taken seriously by humans. And this should happen also for dogs. This project is a clear example of how it is possible to offer your dog a comfortable place -in an easy and suitable way for everyone.
If you want to treat your dog with an unforgettable sleep time, here you go. Just make sure you have all of this supplies:
- screws (I used 7mm / 0.3 inches long torx screws);
- wood impregnanting agent (I used https://shop.granivernici.it/impregnante-all-acqu... );
- beech wood thorns (used as a "stopper" to hide the screws in the wood);
- beech wood panel (choose length and width you prefer, I used 2 pieces of 2x120x20 cm / 0.8x47x7.9 inches and 2 pieces of 2x66x20 cm / 0.8x26x7.9 inches);
- poplar plywood panel (choose length and width you prefer, I used 1.5x116x66 cm / 6x45.7x26 inches);
- 2 fir beams (4x5x100 cm / 1.6x2x39.4 inches);
- wood glue (I used Vinavil);
- a pillow; a dog ;) .
And all of this tools:
- weights (I used plants);
- jig saw;
- sander / sanding paper;
Step 1: Frame
Screw and glue together the external frame of the bed, paying attention to keep 90 degrees angles between all the pieces. I drilled a core hole of the diameter of the screw in the deepest part, to not crack the wood, and a core hole using the diameter of the screw's head to hide completely the screw under the beech wood thorns. I decided to use heavy objects to keep in position what I had glued together, despite the fact that it wasn't really necessary.
Step 2: Guideline
To make the bed more accessible, I decided to create an entrance.
A small vase and a ruler were necessary to design it. You are free to copy my creation or to personalize your own.
Step 3: Cut Off
Following the guideline I had drawn before, I cut off the wood with the jig saw. Clamping a piece of wood to keep
the two parts aligned helped me avoiding a rough and inaccurate cut.
Step 4: Main Structure
The "walls" are ready; this step involves the bottom of the bed. The panel is embedded in the frame, 3 cm from the
bottom. Under the panel the two fir beams keep it up 5 cm from the floor and the walls 2 cm from the floor.
Step 5: Sanding
Sanding is a very important step to make the structure look better and be more secure -without sharp edges.
Step 6: Finishing
Wood is subject to many external factors that can ruin its appearance, so using a wood impregnating agent
protects it and make it look better.
Step 7: Pillow
To make it more comfortable, a pillow is the best solution.
Step 8: Enjoy!
Participated in the